Monday, July 03, 2006

Under the catagory of WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Shoe designers...

I get this catalog. I have NO idea how I got on this mailing list. The models are anorexic, the clothes are UGLY or scary, or both... but it provides much horrified amusement here at Chez Peed.

Normally I can find something in a catalog that has redeeming qualities. Usually shoes. I love shoes. All kinds of shoes... high heels, retro, flats, sandals, boots. Whether I'll ever wear them or not, I really love shoes (I still regret not buying the orange sherbert pumps).

This catalog, however, doesn't have any good shoes. In fact, they are so ugly you have to wonder who hates women such that they would design women's shoes to be THIS UGLY. There is no woman anywhere in the world who would look good in these shoes. They are all along the lines of the floral cowboy boots (warning, not for the faint of heart or anyone at all with any kind of reasonable taste) or ugliest shoes I've ever seen in my life

Who the hell buys these things?

KIP:
The hat for Jeanne (see previous post) has proven to be VERY popular amongst my younger relatives. I have now committed to make 3 of them. I got bored with the round and round Round Orange Hat, however, so I'm hoping it is the Orange Cotton Hat of Any Sort which is popular and am trying a different pattern (which I'm making up as I go along) to see if the kids like that as well. If it works out, I'll do a pdf and post it somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home