Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday, monday...

It was a nice weekend in the Copper Country, cool and a bit rainy, and a good weekend to do lots of things.

Saturday we got the house cleaned up in record time, did all the grocery shopping for a month or so, and WOO HOO! the washing machine was fixed on Friday so we could catch up on laundry. (It had puked because of all the sand from the camping trip.)

Andy made a fabulous dinner on Saturday. A slow roasted pork roast with mashed potatoes, fresh asparagus with ginger-garlic mayo, and I made Bruschetta al Pomodoro. The organic farmers market had fresh tomatoes, basil, peppers, potatoes, leeks, lettuce, and much more. I went crazy, and it was SO GOOD.

I had been hording a treat for a couple of weeks for when I had lots of time and Saturday it was it. I put all my Unfinished Craft Objects into a basket, sat down in front of the TV, and put in the first disk of the first season of West Wing.

2 shawls, 2 pairs of socks, a scarf and 1 1/2 pockets on a sweater later I had watched 2 DVD's and it was midnight.

I got up on Sunday morning with a headache, but watched the 3rd DVD while working on Andy's endless sweater. Then I took a nap. Then I went upstairs and took a longer nap.

Katie came over for dinner and wedding dress discussions and she worked on a necklace she's making while I did socks and we decided on a wedding dress style and pattern... probably... we got sucked into saree land for a while looking for trim, but managed to dig ourselves out by only bookmarking pages instead of buying saree silk to cut up for a wedding dress.

All in all a good weekend...

First thing this morning, before coffee, I threatened to break grad student's arms because they were playing around with our network switches. And the rest of the day has gone on in the same mode...

3 Comments:

Blogger Dooiitt Tube said...

Best Outfits For Young ladies, Womens and Girls
We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…
Plz visit:-Bridal Lehenga


4:54 AM  
Blogger Dooiitt Tube said...

Fancy designer wear our website and reasonable price More…
We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…
Plz visit:- Wedding Dresses

2:19 AM  
Blogger Dooiitt Tube said...

Have Lovely and Beautiful Salwar Suit And Many More…
We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…
Plz visit:- Lehenga Choli

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home