Thursday, April 06, 2006

FO's and rambles

Except they're not *really* finished. Both need the ends sewn in and to be blocked, but the angora lace shawl from Knitters Stash is done, and a little girl poncho for my nieces is very nearly done. I need to do another poncho for the other littlest niece and then I guess I'll go back to knitting on the endless sweater. I should do that while I'm in the mood to finish knitting.

I also, altho my husband doesn't know it yet, bought a bunch of yarn from Knit Picks. It should be here any day now... and then I'm going to start another lace shawl.

One of the students who works for me found my live journal. He tells me I've got a boring LJ. Well... yeah... I'm a nearly middle aged woman who's excitement comes from knitting and settling fights between recalcitrant adults-who-behave-like-5-year-olds. I only cut loose once in a while.

It does occur to me, however, that I haven't done anything exciting -- like flying off to Ireland on short notice, or fighting Ancient Spirits in the cemetery after midnight -- in a few years... maybe it's time to fly off to Russia again... or to blow something up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home