Friday, February 03, 2006

Sometimes you find the oddest things at Walmart

We're out of light bulbs. We've been out of light bulbs for a couple of months, but it's not something that I think about when I'm at the store. The lights which have been burning out aren't really important-- 1 of 3 in the dining room, the light in the hall by the bathroom, a couple of lights on the vanity, a light in the basement...

Then.... THEN ... the light in the craft room burnt out!! I suddenly remembered I needed light bulbs, such that as part of my errands today I went to Walmart to buy light bulbs. 77 cents a package, I picked up 10... and while I'm there...

I had quite a bit of misc. acrylic and machine washable yarn this time last year. Then my neices learned to knit and that was the last of my misc. yarn. I was beating them off the alpaca and cashmere by the time Christmas rolled around. Fortunately their parents have started supplying the yarn, but now... I have a new grandchild on the way. I know my daughter. I can knit it in wool, but I'd better be prepared to see it once and then never again, or else clean it myself.

I decided to check the yarn aisle at Walmart. I believe babies should wear bright colors. There's some nice stuff in acrylic-- I picked up some to do a "tropical colors" blanket of some sort... I don't know what I have in mind, exactly, but something. I also picked up some Bernat wool blends to do a sweater...

Then I happened down the clearance aisle... WOW! They've got wool blend yarn for $2/ball!

I now have plenty of acrylic yarn in bright colors-- purple, turquois, red, white, pink, green, yellow-- I didn't pay attention to the brand, but it's very soft, and new mom proof-- that is-- machine washable.

I see a sweater or two, a blanket, and ... who knows!! Buying yarn, even cheap acrylic yarn, makes me happy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home