Saturday, January 28, 2006

Darned computers

It was a beautiful day in the Copper Country today. My husband and I had planned to take our boys out to Eagle River to feed the deer. Instead, I spent the afternoon banging my head against the fact that all the PC's in the 2 buildings my department supports were not talking to the network, and some of the Suns weren't either.

2 hours and a dented desk later, it's fixed. Then, while I'm here, I might as well do this other thing. And my boss and several of my professors were in and just *HAD* to talk to me about this or that... they couldn't possibly do it during the week when I'm supposed to be actually working.

So, to make a long story shorter, I didn't get to enjoy any of the beautiful day. I had promised my sister to take her boys tonight so she could get a rare night out. After I got home, my husband and the boys played a long, involved game of Heroscape and I relaxed by working on the mountain flowers shawl and watching Judy Garland in Meet Me In St Louis . It's a really good movie and I now find that the shawl pattern is mostly in my hands... only had to pull back two rows for not paying attention to the knitting.

But, as of this point, I'm still going to do my husbands endless sweater for the Knitting Olympics... mostly because I'd feel bad making Stephanie change my entry... and because my husband says things like "So... you're really going to finish my sweater?" every time he sees me pick up something else...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home