Wednesday, January 25, 2006

And more practice...

Last night I started a lace shawl (the one from Knitters Stash). It wasn't planned, exactly...

This is one of the projects I considered for the Knitting Olympics and rejected because it would take too much concentration when I was trying to watch the real Olympics. If my hands don't know the pattern (and even sometimes when they do) I can get involved and lose it.... witness the fact that I had to pull back 2 inches of screwed up k2p2 ribbing from the hockey game the other night, because I was busy yelling at the ref...

I'm not sure how I ended up with this shawl on the needles last night. I was walking through the craft room on the way to watch a Babylon 5 episode with my boys. We have this on DVD and they've both really been into it lately. This yarn... this dark green fingering weight angora yarn... soft and lovely... jumped out of one of the stash bins right into my path... I have no idea how. And ... well... the book with the lace pattern I was thinking about was sitting beside my chair in the TV room... and I just happened to have the needle basket handy and right on top was the correct size for the shawl. It was obviously fate.

My husband is aware of the reason I'm working on his sweater instead of some other project. He came into the TV room to get the boys headed up to bed and saw me sitting with this shawl going. He's now worried that I'm working to get the pattern into my hands so I won't finish his sweater during the Olympics, but will, instead, work on a cashmere shawl.

He may be right...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home